i tipped over backwards coming out of my 1 step appt here in phx one summer day.  in the 115 degree sun, i knew i was cooked - so yelled at a passerby for help and then stayed inside till wifey got home. without help - i'd have fryed.  moral - don't take too big a risk - think a little 1st.   i also got stuck in the snow one evening in detroit going to class.  a little 5 foot cutie saved me that time.
dave