You know the standard has been 18% for quite some time now.  I go for 20 because it's easier to figure out and that is the standard for a good waitress.  I leave 15 or less for bad service and so they don't just think I'm cheap, if they deserve the comment, I let the manager know why.  Some servers just think you are obligate to leave them a tip and don't work for it.
Stacy

"People who hate you do not win unless you hate them. Then you destroy yourself"
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] ...all You Can Eat

...i really hate GLUTENS!!!  And it's not just food, i'm just sick of people that only want as much as they can get.  My buddy thought i was nuts the other day coz i left a $5 tip for a waitress, but she works damn hard for little pay, and i just think 15% is too low in most cases.

Hope everybody's watchin the Olympics...i love the stories, triumphs and fact that the world can at least come together over something without killing each other. ; )

tony