I do not know why I was in ICU, never found out.  There were drain tubes,
the supra pubic was used while the bladder healed, I also could not eat
until my intestines got back on track--they had to be completely
emptied--hope you like "go-litely!"  Then the main line was because my veins
were shot.  So antibiotics, pain med and such were put in thru there. I also
had an 'ng' tube to keep my stomach empty.

Oh I do remember they had me under a heat lamp in the ICU.  I heard a male
nurse say, "who's putting cold blood into a cold patient"?  So my
temperature must have been a problem.  Once I got into the regular room, I
felt fine.  I had problems with the sp blocking up with junk, and the docs
did not believe me when I said I could tell I needed to pee.  The sp would
clog up and then I would leak from my regular place.  Finally it happened
when a couple of docs were in there and I told them I was leaking and they
were very surprized to find it true.
The docs are a lot better now and the nurses have come a long way too.  My
surgery was back in 1987 (?)  I imagine things are done differently now.  I
will be interested to hear how its done today.  Also, my 'stoma' (hole) is
to the right of my belly button and down a bit.  I'm glad its there, its
easier for me to reach as my right arm does not have the function my left
one does.  I'm a C-6 on my left and a C-5 on my right.
take care,

Dana and ?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]