Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Bush plays the game of being Christian

IN REPONSE TO:
"I never mentioned color in my post because I know it's not just black women that do it, however they are the majority when it comes to that.  I realize what you are saying, but it's wrong no matter what color you are and having all these children knowing you don't have an honest way to support them."

US Census 2000
Total population:  281,421,906
Total responses to race:   274,595,678,
African American:    34,658,190
White     211,460,626
Hispanic:    35,305,818

The percentage of African Americans on government assistance is higher than the other races, this is true.  However, if you consider the population at whole, is the African American percentage actually higher than whites on government programs?

<<image/jpeg>>