Hi Joy,

Medicaid does have guidelines and it sounds like your friend, and her son, should get them so they know exactly what the aide should be doing (I'm sure they know sleeping on the job is wrong) and not doing when they are caring for a C1/2 Quad.  Check the Link below for info on Kansas.  I'll keep your friend and son in my prayers.

http://www.kdhe.state.ks.us/bhfr/fac_list/web_dir_narrative.htm

I hope this helps.

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 28 Years Post
Texas, USA

joy t <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi,

i have a friend whose son is a c1c2 vent quad...NM posters know to whom i'm referring...

ok...this young man, newly released from rehab, has an aide come in from daily from a hhca for a good part of the day...

IF the aide shows up (problem 1), it has not been uncommon to find her sleeping on the sofa!
she doesn't bathe him (???), use a hoyer, suction (wife is called at work!), perform bprgm, sp cath care, or turn him.(problems 2-7)...he's getting red places and UTIs already.

this is in kansas...what can be done?  he's medicaid...are there available guidelines?  this hhca is huge in their area.

i referred her to quad-list.

ty,
joy

Do you Yahoo!?