I agree about the doctors offices. My Neurologists office is the one that surprises me the most.  I wonder how many people with spinal cord injuries he treats and I am in a manual chair and have to back in and manuver. I can't imagine those in power chair and especially those with power chairs that have to haul a vent around.  I think that doctors offices should be more accessible.  Larger room and lower tables.
Stacy

"People who hate you do not win unless you hate them. Then you destroy yourself"
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 11:32 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] Re : back

I don't post often but do offer some limited advice on occassion. I am able bodied, my son John had the brainstem stroke and I  am a caregiver for him. One of his other caregivers has the same symptoms as you and was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis.  You may want too get checked out for that. also I have a bulging disk in my back and so does John and they can give a lot of pain. I go to the Chiropractor and have mine put back in place. Since most Dr's offices are not truly handicapped accessible (btw) I think we should talk on that topic for a while it is hard to get him into  the examing room and then he never gets a good exam, it's almost like the Dr's are afraid to touch you anymore.
Carol in KY mother of John, 3 yrs post stroke