Hi Tod,

It's nice to know I'm not the only Quad that thinks of myself as lucky.  There is a lot of different kinds of luck, and when I look at the "what might have been," I know mine is all good!  I hope you enjoyed the beers.

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 28 Years Post
Texas, USA

"Tod E. Santee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ahhh.... You got it Mark... Both the beer and the year!

A friend of mine bet me $10 I couldn't walk across a wire we came across
tied between two trees in the woods of PA. It was about 30 ft long and
9 ft high. Both ends were free, so it wasn't "live"... it was just
"there."

So I climbed up one tree and carefully walked across the wire holding
onto nearby branches as I went. (Not the first time I'd done such a
thing. In fact, it was quite a "mild" act compared to most of my "teen
feats.")

At the other end (Yes, I made it the whole distance) I began climbing
down. As I reached for a branch to help balance my climb down I
stepped on a wet branch and lost my foothold and then missed gripping
the branch I was reaching for. I blame Isaac Newton from the events
from that point on... him and his law of gravity.

SO... As a Law! abiding teen (HA!) I didn't want to break Newton's Law, I
opted for breaking my neck instead. I won the $10 for making the
distance of the wire. But I lost my battle with the Law I referred to
above.

I'm lucky... I spend each anniversary alone (by choice) in a quiet bar
with a beer or two reflecting on the years before and after being "born
again" as a quad. Lucky I have that choice... lucky I'm alive to do so
since most of my "teen feats" and many of my subsequent "quad feats"
could easily have put an end to beers in any location... (Singing... "In
Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here." LOL)

I'm lucky my path as a quad has enlightened me to many plights I likely
would never have considered, .... And lucky to see a side of life that
relatively few others (luckily) are ever going to experience.

Thanks for the question, Mark. CHEERS! (Raising my Guinness to ya!)

And Boyd... Thanks for the offer of a distraction! , but No worries! I
rarely think about it. Was 3pm before it crossed my mind. Not until
8:00 before I thought about it again.

Best to All!
Tod (at 21 & 4 / 1461ths years)

QuadPirate wrote:

I'm glad you're around to keep me in line Tod!I'll have that beer
with you.I'm also assuming you mean your 21st anniversary and if I'm
not getting to personal what's the $10 all about? Mark