My Point?

This was a planned set-up!

60 MINS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE

News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 --
was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed
to knock the Bush administration into a crisis mode.

Jeff Fager, executive producer of the Sunday edition of 60 MINUTES,
said in a statement that "our plan was to run the story on October 31,
but it became clear that it wouldn't hold..."

Elizabeth Jensen at the LOS ANGELES TIMES details on Tuesday how CBS
NEWS and 60 MINUTES lost the story [which repackaged previously
reported information on a large cache of explosives missing in Iraq,
first published and broadcast in 2003].

The story instead debuted in the NYT. The paper slugged the story about
missing explosives from April 2003 as "exclusive."

An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa
weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of
Iraq.

According to NBCNEWS, the explosives were already missing when the
American troops arrived. [VIDEO CLIP]

It is not clear who exactly shopped an election eve repackaging of the
missing explosives story.

The LA TIMES claims: The source on the story first went to 60 MINUTES
but also expressed interest in working with the NY TIMES... "The tip
was received last Wednesday."

CBSNEWS' plan to unleash the story just 24 hours before election day
had one senior Bush official outraged.

"Darn, I wanted to see the forged documents to show how this was
somehow covered up," the Bush source, who asked not to be named,
mocked, recalling last months CBS airing of fraudulent Bush national
guard letters.

Developing...

The REAL Story about the explosives:

"January 2003: IAEA inspectors viewed the explosives at Al-Qaqaa for
the last time. The inspectors took an inventory and again placed
storage bunkers at Al-Qaqaa under agency seal.

_ February 2003: IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei told the United Nations
(news - web sites) that Iraq had declared that "HMX previously under
IAEA seal had been transferred for use in the production of industrial
explosives." This apparently did not include the HMX that remained
under seal at Al-Qaqaa.

_ March 2003: Nuclear agency inspectors visited Al-Qaqaa for the last
time but did not examine the explosives because the seals were not
broken. The inspectors then pulled out of the country.

After the invasion: The Pentagon (news - web sites) said Monday
that "coalition forces were present in the vicinity at various times
during and after major combat operations. The forces searched 32
bunkers and 87 other buildings at the facility, but found no indicators
of WMD (weapons of mass destruction). While some explosive material was
discovered, none of it carried IAEA seals.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041025/ap_on_re_mi_ea/nuclear_agency_iraq_timeline&ci
d=540&ncid=1473

> What was your point and If this is true why are they searching for
them?
> And don't you think we should've at least checked to see when we got
there?
> And how do you miss moving 360 tons of explosives days before a war
and it
> would seem pretty ignorant for Saddam to move all his weapons to
another
> country right before getting attacked!
> Do they really expect anyone to believe this?
> Sounds like another mistake hunting something that never existed kind
of
> like those wmd's
> That figure was wrong I posted it was only 360 tons sorry!
> For a country that's been watching Saddam since 9/11 you think they
might of
> seen these being moved I'm sorry I don't buy it.
>

> Mark

STILL
> > says he would have waited.
> > If we had, the OFF scandle would have not been exposed, the threat
> > future world security would have grown.
> > Bush was right to enforce UN Resolution 1441.
> > Iraq may not of been part of 9/11, but that day changed how we need
> > deal with threats to our security. Sadamned was definitly a future
> > threat.
> >
> > > the american people are a bunch of idiots!
> > > 40% of people polled think iraq had been involved in 9-11,
> > > these people are too stupid to vote.
> > > anybody that thinks w is doing a good job... they need a
> > > psyscoligical(spell?)
> > > workup. the rose colored glasses the gop wears, do they work like
> beer
> > > goggles? can they make ugly chicks look hot?
> > > i just mailed my absentee ballot i voted for kerry, he has a clue.
> > >
> > > dave headman
> > > c4 25yrs post

> most
> > issues and