Hi Stuntman,

I understand what you're saying about military protocol, and I agree we have been fighting a war on ''Terrorism," as it is called today, for at least 25 years.  I'm just saying if a watcher, like myself, of these Geo-political protocols being played out could see how something like 9/11 could happen, I find it hard to think that the ''minds'' in our ''think-tanks'' that do this everyday would say that no one would have ever thought this kind of act would, or could, happen. But it happened.  "This is the message we need to disseminate to terrorists around the world. Support Our Troops and support President Bush for having the courage, political or militarily, to address what so many who preceded him didn't have the backbone to do, both Democrat and Republican."  Your words, great words!  I hope the people you said it to, heard you, and are warned that we are undivided AMERICANS.  I'm gla! d the election is over and our elected officials can take a look at actions and reactions and make the right votes to fund this war and its warriors without the well deserved criticism they get during an election year.  The bleeding must be stopped even if it means losing more blood to stop it.  I'm not saying do something foolish, but there will be a price to be paid by us to stop the terror.  But stop it we must.  Stop it we will.

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 28 Years Post
Texas, USA

Stuntman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm saying that the military protocol was not in place prior to 9/11 to
fight aircraft launched from within our borders.
While "Intelligence" was mulling over information regarding a possible
threat, the strategic nature of our military was not. This was one of
the problems addressed by the 9/11 commission, that information was not
being shared or distributed properly. Want to take a guess who made it
harder for our intelligence to gather information? I'll give you
another guess on who cut our intelligence gathering capability.
When I said we have been at war with the Terrorists for 25 years, it
was a war only the Terrorists had declared it at so. This does not make
it any less of a war, if anything it created a lopsided strength for
the Terrorists. We had our hands bound by lawyers and the law.
25 years ago in November 1979 in a c! ountry going through a religious
and political up heaval, a group of Iranian students attacked and
seized the American Embassy in Tehran.This seizure was an outright
attack on American soil; it was an attack that held the world's most
powerful country hostage and paralyzed a Presidency. The attackon this
sovereign U. S. embassy set the stage for events to follow for the next
25 years. President Carter, had to do something. He chose to conduct a
clandestine raid in the desert. The ill-fated mission ended in ruin,
but stood as a symbol of America's inability to deal with terrorism.
America's military had been decimated and downsized/rightsized since
the end of the Vietnam War. A poorly trained, poorly equipped and
poorly organized military was called on to execute a complex mission
that was doomed from the start. Shortly after the Tehran experience,
Americans began to be kidnapped and killed throughout the Middle East.
America ! could do little to protect her citizens living and working
abroad. The attacks against US soil continued.
In April of 1983 alarge vehicle packed with high explosives was driven
into the US Embassy compound in Beirut. When it exploded, it killed 63
people.
Then just six short months later a large truck heavily laden down with
over 2500 pounds of TNT smashed through the main gate of the US Marine
Corps headquarters in Beirut and 241 US servicemen are killed.
Just 2 months later in December1983, another truck loaded with
explosives is driven into the US Embassy in Kuwait.
The following year, in September1984, another van was driven into the
gate of the US Embassy in Beirut.
Soon the terrorism spreads to Europe. In April 1985 a bomb explodes in
a restaurant frequented by US soldiers in Madrid. Then in August a
Volkswagen loaded with explosives isdriven into the main gate of the US
Air Force Base at Rhein-Main, 22 are killed.
W! ho can forget when Fifty-nine days later a cruise ship, the Achille
Lauro was hijacked and we watched as an American in a wheelchair was
singled out of the passenger list and executed.
Then they focused on putting bombs aboard aircraft, TWA Flight 840 in
April of 1986 that killed 4 and the most tragic bombing, PanAm
Flight103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988, killing 259.
Clinton treated these terrorist acts as crimes; in fact we are still
trying to bring all those people to trial. These were acts of war.
The terrorists decide to bring the fight to America. In January 1993,
two CIA agents are shot and killed as they enter CIA headquarters in
Langley, Virginia. The following month, February1993, a group of
terrorists are arrested after a rented van packed with explosives was
driven into the underground parking garage of the World Trade Center in
New York City. Six people were killed and over1000 were injured. Still
this was trea! ted as a crime and not an act of war.
October 3rd, of 93 we witnessed another massacre, in Somalia where
President Clinton put US Forces under UN Command, which left 29 US
Soldiers dead, research has found bin hidden to have been behind that
one too.
Then in November1995 a car bomb exploded at a US military complex in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia killing seven service men and women.
A few months later, in June of 1996, another truck bomb exploded only
35 yards from the US military compound in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. It
destroyed the Khobar Towers, a US Air Force barracks, killing19 and
injuring over 500. The terrorists got braver and smarter as they saw
that America did not respond decisively. They moved to coordinate their
attacks in a simultaneous attack on two US embassies in Kenya and
Tanzania. These attacks were planned with precision.They killed 224.
America responds with cruisemissile attacks and goes back to sleep.
The USS Co! le was docked in the port of Aden,Yemen for refueling on 12
October 2000, when a small craft pulled along side the ship and
exploded killing17 US Navy Sailors. Attacking a US War Ship is an act
of war, but we sent the FBI to investigate the crime.
And of course you know the events of 11 September 2001. Most Americans
think this was the first attack against US soil or in America. How
wrong they are. America has been under a constant attack since1979.
In the news lately we have seen lots of finger pointing from every high
official in government over what they knew and what they didn't know.
But if you've read the papers and paid a little attention I think you
can see exactly what they knew. You don't have to be in the FBI or CIA
or on the National Security Council to see the pattern that has been
developing since 1979. The President is"right on" when he says we are
engaged in a war. I think we have been in a war for the past 25 yea! rs
and itwill continue until we as a people decide enough is enough.
America needs to act decisively now. America has been changed forever.
We have to be ready to pay the price and make the sacrifice to ensure
our way of life continues. After the attack on Pearl Harbor, Admiral
Yamamoto said, "... it seems all we have done is awakened a sleeping
giant. "This is the message we need to disseminate to terrorists around
the world. Support Our Troops and support President Bush for having the
courage, political or militarily, to address what so many who preceded
him didn't have the backbone to do, both Democrat and Republican. This
is not a political thing to be hashed over in an election year this is
an AMERICAN thing. This is about our Freedom and the Freedomo for
children in years to come.
I find it to be to big of a job for someone who bailed out on his band
of brothers, 3 bandaids in hand. He hasn't shown any leadership qu! ality
that resonates with our troops. His words have already given strength
to our enemy.

> Hi Stuntman,
>
> I considered that it was a possible threat before 9/11! If you are
saying that no one in this Government considered it before 9/11 even
though "We have been at war with Terrorists for 25 years," I think you
may not be hearing what some people have been trying to say, which is
exactly what allowed the tragedy of 9/11 to happen.

--
It's not the fall that hurts.
Home page http://tnthompson0.tripod.com/homeincyberspace/