Welcome back Linda. I'm glad everything is working well for you. I'm getting my surgery in January for bladder reconstruction. I'm going to be able to cath through my belly button. I'm excited to not have to wear a bag anymore.
Stacy

"People who hate you do not win unless you hate them. Then you destroy yourself"
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Hello Everyone, I'm back finally!    I have been gone for 5 wks in the hospital on bedrest, ugh!
It's great to be back home & talking with you guys, missed you. I had a good looking plastic surgeon that did my Flap. On my way home, I had to stop by Dr Robbins Office & he had to show off my Butt to everyone, what a great job he did! I mooned everyone there,haha! He gave me instructions.....take weight shifts every 20 mins while up in chair   Eat or drink lots of protein  Make sure my wc cushion has proper amount of air.  I did get a nice turning air mattress to sleep on, the only problem I can't use my mouthstick to answer telephone or use on tv remote, which is a bummer. Guess I need a voice activated enviromental unit.  Anyone know of a real cheap one???
I'm going back & answering some old messages..........
Larry, I take 2 Detrol too & get the exact same effects, which is is pretty miserable. I chew a lot of gum & have a water piture to drink out of every few minutes.
Here's an update, I finally had my supra-pubic catheter put in, against the advice of several Drs. Well so far I love it! I very seldom leak around the tube, nor from the vagina. I had terrible bladder spasms before & now none.
Friends, Linda
I take ditropan 2x day also and have for about a year. It not only dries me out but actually makes my tongue and mouth fell scalded and kills my taste buds. Thought I would get used to it, but so far, no luck. Detrol is useless. Larry