If you're going for a real flat tax with only charitable contribution
deductions, it would work if they set the bottom at 25% of everything
over $50,000 (ex kerry only paid something like 16% last year due to
all the write-offs and loopholes). Businesses would still need a way to
deduct real expenses like R&D and equipment etc, but advertisement
expenses shouldn't be allowed for drug companies etc, and no company
should be able to deduct more than 10% of their gross for the same.
As another reform, lets eliminate tax exemptions for 527s (if they got
any), set a max for campaign finance, and give networks a set tax break
for political spots, but they must supply EVERY candidate with equal
time. Debates should include third parties and be arbitrated by a true
neutral party, (the debates this year were so biased it was a sham).
CEO's shouldn't make more than 10X the lowest paid employee.
Corporations shouldn't be allowed to own sports teams as a tax write
off.
How am I doing so far?
Stuntman

--