Joan,
I haven't dealt with many of the state agencies in a long time.  In the 70s I was registered with every job placement agency I could find.  I had an offer through one of them (I forget which one now) to do some programming in my house on their PC.  It was a super opportunity but I also landed a permanent position with Honeywell Industrial Automation just then so the home based job went away.  I have been with Honeywell ever since and am planning on retiring in about 5 years.

I taught school before my HW job and liked it a lot but the salary was about half what HW offered.  I subbed in every grade from K through 12.  I was registered in 4 school districts and got called every day to work - starting at around 4:00 am.  4 was my limit - I told them not to call b/4 4.   My HW job has been lots of fun, I'm sure your son will do just fine out here.  We quads seem to rise to meet the demands - no matter what they are.  Our strong wills are nothing short of amazing.

Best of luck,
Please stay in touch.
Dave