I saw on the news a guy that had stolen one and felt guilty.  He gave it to the news station to return for him so they didn't know who it was.  He was wearing a ski mask while the reporter was talking to him.  BK didn't press charges. They were just happy to have Sponge Bob back.  He said it wasn't stealing him that was hard; it was deflating him.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 9:24 AM
Subject: [QUAD-L] Fwd: Marketing Alert!

Begin forwarded message:

From: joelbennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: December 7, 2004 9:43:48 PM EST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fwd: Marketing Alert!

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jerry Samet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue Dec 7, 2004 8:42:04 PM America/New_York
To: Joel Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Marketing Alert!

Take a look at this.

Maybe one day someone will steal one of our banners from a client.

SpongeBob Stolen In Six States

If a giant inflatable SpongeBob SquarePants is stolen from a rooftop, is it a theft or a spongenapping? That's what police in at least six states need to decide.

SpongeBob SquarePants figures have been swiped from Burger King roofs in New York, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maine, Tennessee and Utah over the past two weeks. The giant inflatables are on select BK locations to promote The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie and the QSR's Kids Meals and promotional watches.

At one BK in Utah, employees handed out fliers to try and locate their missing SpongeBob. In Minnesota, a BK manager received a ransom note demanding two "Krabby Patties" in exchange for SpongeBob's return.

According to a franchisee in New York, the inflatables are worth $350 each. Police in the six states said they do not think the crimes are connected.

Officals at BK were not available for comment.

Rosie

www.cafepress.com/anandarose
www.homepage.mac.com/rosiebennett