You got it Eric.  Please don't be so hard on yourself.  You are human and we as humans have the "won't happen to me attitude."  You aren't the blame and now that he is gone, he is with you always.  I am sure he understands that you love him and never wanted or wished any harm on him.  I'll pray for his family and also for you Eric.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Olson
To: quad
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 4:09 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] Sad news

Gang,

With all the troops in Iraq, you never think your one relative over
there is going to be one of the ones not coming home.  My cousin, Todd
Olson was killed in Iraq.  He wasn't even there two months.  I found out
yesterday.  He could have been killed on Christmas and I just found out
yesterday.  Regardless, Christmas will never again be a happy occasion
for his wife and four kids.  I feel so guilty.  I never even wrote him.
I never prayed.  I just didn't think he would be one to get killed.
Please don't let my cousin's death be the renewal to some bullshit
political debate.  Just pray for his family.

Eric