I know what you mean River. It's  hard and sad.  It's those time when I feel bad about how I worry over my problems which aren't very bad considering most of those people lost everything.  I also know it's a part of human nature.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 5:53 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] A heavy heart

Hi everyone,

Anyone watching CNN is seeing around the clock coverage of the
Tsunami/earthquake, it's so devastating.  They estimate that 5 million
people and 1 million children are displaced.  Women have lost their
husbands and for the majority of them, the sole wage earner.  We have
no idea the devastation that lies ahead for these countries and our
world.  The disaster will have far-reaching effects for those even in
the richest of nations.

I feel so helpless, having little economically to give, but will pledge
some.  Most of all, in times like this I think alot about what I would
have done in my walking days.  As I was prepared to join the Peace
Corps before my accident,  my instinct is to go help.  BUT I CAN"T, and
that tears me up.

1 million children.

peace,

River