Hey Wheel,
The homes we build in this subdivision I live in are about 1500-2100 sq ft. and if the weather complies it takes us around 12 weeks to complete which is pretty fast but after you build 100 you get all the kinks worked out.

Time is money in construction because if you get behind it starts costing the Contractor and an unhappy Contractor is a nightmare!

I'll paste a Schedule I designed for each house we build and this is how I keep track of things from the office.

PLAN - LOT

DATE STARTED

DAY 1

BUILD PAD

GET A PERMIT

CALL FOR CABINETS

CALL HEAT/AIR TO ORDER MATERIAL

SET POWER POLE

CALL FOR TEMPORARY POWER

PUT UP JOB SIGN AND PERMIT

ORDER REBAR & VISQUENE

ORDER WIRE MESH & STAKES

ORDER TRUSSES IF NEEDED

ORDER WINDOWS & DOORS

SCHEDULE

PLUMBER

DAY 2

DIG FOOTINGS

SET UP MONOLITHIC SLAB

DAY 3

SET PLUMBING

DAY 4

GRADE FOUNDATION

TIE REBAR

LAY VISQUENE & WIRE

ORDER FRAMING PKG

DAY 5

POUR CONCRETE

STRIP FORMS

DAY 6

START FRAMING

GO OVER PLANS AND SPECS WITH FRAMER

SCHEDULE

PLUMBER & CHECK SPECS

HEAT/ AIR & CHECK SPECS

ELECTRICIAN & CHECK SPECS

CALL STACEY WITH SIDING COLORS

CRAIN OPPERATOR IF NECCESSARY

DAY 7

FRAMING

CALL FOR WINDOWS & DOORS

DAY 8

FRAMING

ORDER ROOFING & TURBINES & WALL TO ROOF

CALL BUG MAN AND SPRAY EXTERIOR 315-3117

SCHEDULE SIDING MAN

Order Brick & angle Iron

DAY 9-11

HEAT/AIR ROUGH IN

PLUMBING ROUGH IN

ELECTRICIAN ROUGH IN

SCHEDULE

SCHEDULE ROOFER

COMMON WALL TO BE SHEET ROCKED

INSULATOR

CALL FOR FRAMING INSPECTION IF NEEDED

DAY 12

INSULATION

ORDER SHEETROCK

DAY 13

SHEET ROCK BEING HUNG

SCHEDULE TAPING WITH MATT

DAY 14

CALL ONE CALL FOR UNDERGROUND POWER

CALL RANDY CARTER FOR UNDERGROUND SERVICE

PERMANENT POWER & UTILITIES

FINISH SHEET ROCK

SCRAP OUT HOUSE

DAY 15-17

START TAPING & ACOUSTIC CEILING

ORDER TRIM PKG & Exterior Doors!!!

SCHEDULE PAINTER WITH COLORS

DAY 18-22

SCHEDULE CABINETS

SCHEDULE PAINTER WITH COLORS

SET CABINETS

CALL FOR PERMANENT POWER

SET GARAGE & PATIO & SIDEWALK

POUR CONCRETE

ORDER SHRUBS & PAPER & GREEN TRIM

ORDER FLOOR COVERING

SCHEDULE FLOOR COVERING

GRADE YARD

START YARD WORK-SOD & SHRUBS

ORDER

VANITIES-MARBLE TOPS/STYLE & COLOR RW-3/Spec

CALL FOR CLOSET SHELVES

LIGHTING CHECK SPECS FOR LOCATION &STYLE

COLUMNS & SHUTTERS

DAY 23

SCHEDULE AND ORDER GARAGE DOOR

SCHEDULE CEILING INSULATION