Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Frustration/sensitive

Dave,

I know that I'm paralyzed and I accept the fact that I am.  I know what I can do and I know what I cannot do from experience.  When I first got injured I figured I could still do just about everything I did before but I learned quickly how vulnerable I was and what being paralyzed was all about.  It seemed like just about every time I blew off my commonsense and my spider sense I ended up in trouble.  Now, I respect that I am paralyzed and can only do so much so I better pay attention to my senses otherwise am going to be in trouble especially in the wintertime.

I know that I am not looked at as a sexual object because of the way I look in a wheelchair.  Even though I lost a lot of weight since my injury I still have a large quad gut, which makes me look somewhat obese and unattractive.  Even if you are in a wheelchair you still have to take care of yourself to make yourself look attractive to the opposite sex.

Jim