River,

I'm sorry to hear about your horrible experience in the hospital.  After reading some of these posts here lately I feel very fortunate to have a good medical system here in Duluth, Minnesota.  We have two major hospital's here in Duluth and one smaller one which is owned by one of the major ones.  The smaller hospital does specialty surgery and it also has a rehabilitation floor and center where I spent my 4 1/2 months months at while being rehabilitated.  I'm not exactly sure where the suprapubic surgery would take place but I do know that if I was to have that I would end up at the smaller hospital on the rehabilitation floor which, specializes in brain injury, spinal cord injuries, strokes and rehabilitating people with broken bones.  All the staff are specially trained to deal with the injuries that I mentioned.  My stay at this hospital was wonderful with no bad memories except for the fact that I had to be there.  I wish you the best of luck in making the proper decision.

Jim