I took elavil and gained weight.  It was supposed to help me sleep and I was tired all day.  I do take Neurontin but I have been taking it since before I started having SCI type pain (burning nerve pain) so I don't know how much it helps.  I am scared to stop taking it to find out as much pain as I am in now.  Good luck and wish I was more help/

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:39 AM
Subject: [QUAD-L] Syringomyelia

   Hi all, I was diagnosed with Syringomyelia early after my injury 71/2 years ago ( this is a syrinx or build up of spinal fluid within the spine )  I know Lori and a few others have this too. Starting this year I began having more frequent and unbearable pain from this and had to stop my part time job in February... My spinal cord Doc. said that it sounds like it has caused nerve damage and I may need to try  ( Neurotin or Elevil ) ....... Do any of you on either of these drugs think that they help them ???
                                                                Thank you for your help........  *Dan* c-6