Hi Nicki...

I was taking Macrobid as a prophylactic for months ... it seemed to help a little but not enough. Indeed not enough since Proteus wormed into my system  :-(

Lori

-------Original Message-------

Date: 03/14/05 17:50:21
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Proteus bacteria in urine

LORI

ALL 4 OF MY UA'S LAST YEAR SHOWED PROTEUS.  I FINALLY SOUGHT OUT URLOGIST, HAD STONE REMOVED AND LAST UA IN JANUARY SHOWED PROTEUS.

I HAD TON OF SEDIMENT AND FOUL ODOR BUT HE PUT ME ON  100 MG MACROBID DAILY.  SEDIMENT AND ODOR IS GONE, NEXT UA IS IN APRIL.   HOPEFULLY THE MAINTENANCE DOSE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.

NICKI