my dad used to change the car oil and dump it beside the driveway to "kill the weeds"  arizona 'weeds' are tuff little critters.  it took multiple oil changes.  honeywell used to dump all industrial cleaning fluids down an old abandoned water well on their old property.   we've come a long ways baby.
dave