Hi Wheels,

Very well said.  The work we do today, tomorrow, or through the years may not directly affect us now, but it will help those fighting the battle in the future.  But if we don't support change in the laws now, there will be no battle for those who come after us to win!

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 29 Years Post
Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I try to look at any situation, in comparison to other major events in the
last 50 years to develop a reply to your question.
During the 60's, our society experienced a new set of Acts and Laws that offer
a people of minority race, equality. Here it is 40 years later and we still
have much
to catch up on before we finally reach that level. Have there been gains?
Yes, but
much needs to be done. During the 70's, another Act and Law was enacted to
provide
equal opportunities between Males and Females. 30 years later, we realize
that all is
still not equal, but we are making major improvements. Still, we have much
work to
do. Final, in the 90's, a new set of civil rights Acts and Laws were enacted
to provide new freedoms and equality among those who disAbilities. Only 15
years have
past, and some has been done to improve the! past. Ask anyone who has been
disabled
for 40 years. However, there is still much to do as the disAbled population
continues
to grow by the second. It will still take people to make and enforce changes
that will affect generations to come.
Life is getting, better, but more attention is needed. You can be part of
that movement, or be a watching supporter.