Although I don't use an electric chair I was still very depressed with my last one.  It was my first one and the therapists basically picked it out.  All the extra stuff on the chair was all wrong.  It was a quickie2 with the J2 back and had elevating leg rests.  the chair was supposed to be light. I can't remember how much but all said and done the chair ended up being like 60 pounds without the back and leg rests on it.  I wasn't sitting right at all in the chair and it was hard to push.  When I was picking out a new chair, decided on one, and actually got it, I felt so much better.  I felt a whole new freedom again because I had gotten a chair that was more suited for me.  I hope that you get a new chair that you love and it will pick your spirits back up.  It's been a while since you posted about being depressed.  Are you feeling better?  I really  hope so.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Still depressed, I can't shake it ~ help

Hi Bobbie,

Don't forget this new chair will be with you a few years, so don't buy anything you are not 150% satisfied with.  Find a vendor that knows your needs in a chair and will work with Medicare to see you get what you need in a good power chair.  Maybe this time the shopping for a new chair will get you back in good spirits!  :)

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 29 Years Post
Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm so bummed out, can't get myself back on track. then today my chair isn't holding a charge ~ ho hum.
  I'm in the market for a new power chair. This process ALWAYS kills me. I'm going for a recliner this time, I figured after 32 years I just should for my back.
  So, any do's or don'ts  All I have is Medicaid.
      bobbie  :(