I "definitely" agree about the work ethic of people these days! It stinks! You would think a PT, OT or nursing student would want some 'experience' to put on their resumes, but have not had a student work for me in years. There is a large university and 2 other colleges in town. I have to run ads in the paper and its about twice as much as it used to be! A three line ad was almost $28 and for 2 days! Doing that every week for 6-8 weeks eats up the money! A gal came today that really needs the job, I hope she can handle it. She has worked for a couple of agencies, one for 2 years, one for 1 month--says she was having personal problems, car broke down and had to quit. Supposedly that has all been taken care of now. We''ll see. If I had a choice between 2 or 3 people, I would not pick her, but I need "someone" right now--cannot wait any longer. I'm not sure she is very bright, but can learn a routine. She has done a one person transfer before, but its been a while. Who knows she may turn out ok. Ya never know!

Dana
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:17 AM
Subject: [QUAD-L] Re: aides or caregivers

Perhaps we should name this book EXCUSES caregivers give to not show up for work.
With another chapter about reasons they need to leave early.
I'm so exhausted from taking care of all the paperwork I don';t have time to write a book But if any of you decide to write this book I can give you a list of experiences we have had. also my other son is a writer for a newspaper. He is a good writer, can proof read anything you want to write. Maybe instead of a book it could be an ongoing series in a large newspaper. Actually I think it is the work ethic of today's people in this line of work. For each good person you find there will be at least 10 bad ones.

Just my observations,
Carol in KY