Seems some states have different programs or they are named different names. My problem right now is JUST finding someone to work. Sometimes they will show up for an interview. I advertise in the local paper to find people and all the hippa laws make it so you can't find out any info about the previous places they worked. And there are so many buyouts of facilities its hard to find out if someone even worked where they said they do.
We used to have a site at the local govt page that gave a list of people that had been arrested in the past 10 years and the offenses that was helpful but they changed it to people that are only in jail now.
Its very hard to find any help at any price that is suitable and you can trust. I have 2 ladies that have been here 2 yrs now and one that has been here 6 months. I pay them $7.00 hr no taxes taken out. I checked with the labor  dept and the man said that we were in the class of "babysitters" that we don't even have to pay mininum wage. These 3 women I trust  and give the run of the house, But we need a 4th so that when one gets sick we have backup. this past week 2 were sick and one had a sister that was dying. Last week the other one quit...no notice. She was the backup we had. I think the main thing is fear. They are afraid of working with John since he can't speak and they have to spell with him to find out what he wants. It takes great patience and there is WORK involved. Lots of them just want to sit and watch movies with him.
Carol in KY