WHEN YOU RESTRICT STUDIES TO A NARROW DEFINITION, it is a ban. If you restrict a study of religion to Christianity, you have effectively banned other religions. The only reason Bush funded stem cell studies was so he could impose ridiculous rules on scientists. This is the kind of thinking that tried to get penicillin banned because it eliminated diseases that god had used to punish people. 25 million dollars is all the government spent to control research in the US. 25 million would buy 1/36 th of a B-2 bomber.