Hi Greg,

Back in '77-78 I was taking 14 credit hours at the community collage and wore some pretty bad sores on my bottom.  I had surgery to repair the damage and haven't had problems with sores since.  I did break my femur in '81 and a titanium rod was inserted in the femur and the 3" V break was wired.  The rod caused an infection in '87.  After 2 years of surgeries we thought it had been beat but it returned in '89 and I made the decision with my doctor to remove the infected bone before it spread so my right leg was removed.  I've been in good health since then.

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 29 Years Post
Texas, USA

Greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are bed sores a real common problem with everyone here?
In 23 years, the only ones I had were from when I was in the hospital.
I've had red spots, but they've gone away in 1 or 2 days. I had 1 on the back of my foot, from the back of my shoe being folded over. But that's all I can recall.
I had something that might have been a bed sore, but we never knew for sure. It was a funny spot that showed up on an MIR of my hip. It was a spot under the muscle of my butt. It never broke through the skin, and there was never a problem. Docs still not sure what it was. One doc wanted me to have surgery, cut it open to drain it. But the surgoen said never cut open your butt if not needed right away. That it could weaken the skin there. It's been a few years and never a problem. I asked the doc to do a new MRI, but said my then insurance would not cover it just to look.
Greg