When I started this list 9 years ago it was my intent to have a place where people could discuss topics that directly related to living as a quad, because I could not find a list that did that. It was during the 1996 election campaign and I was sick of reading the crap praising Clinton on the mobility and scipn list.  That's why I had said that I did not want politics discussed on the quad-list.

I do not "moderate" this list. The only way to do that would be have to approve each message prior to them being sent to the subscribers list. That would be way to time consuming and I would just end the list before doing that. People that have been here for awhile know that I have removed people without warning before. I pay for the account with my own money so it's my right. If someone doesn't like it they are welcome to leave and start their own listgroup or message board. If some needs a way of releasing their frustration, start a blog and people can go debate you their. Most people join a group called "quad-list" to discuss quad related topics, not to listen to some person's rants. Don't come to a quad-list and say something like "get well instead of being content to be like you are".

So that's how I feel on this topic.

Jim
(C2, vent dependent, due to acute transverse myelitis, 16 years post)