I have to agree with LQ.  It is possible to prevent a quad gut by maintaining one's weight and posture.  When I was able to stay thin and wore an effective abdominal binder I did not have a quad belly for eight years.  My problems started when I was wearing an abdominal binder that had lost its elasticity.  Now I have a slight quad belly, but to me it is huge.  It is very difficult for quads like myself that have a voracious appetite to maintain weight, but I believe the abdominal binder is an essential part of preventing the quad belly.  However, not everyone is able to keep the quad belly at bay.  I know other quadriplegics that have maintained their weight and worn abdominal binders only to suffer the quad belly.  I would have to guess that well over 90% of quadriplegics will get a quad belly, but this is purely a guess on my part.
Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Billy
~LittleQuad~ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i disagree.....in my 7 years i've stayed thin and managed to avoid a quad stomach... also if you keep bowels rather clean you may not look extra fluffy.......

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
   Doctor told me you can't help a quad belly.......and if you diet it will leave you skinny but with a giant belly  LOL sad but i think he is correct, He said that the muscles in stomach no longer work when you become a quad , The lung doctor told me that the lower part of my lungs no longer work either.
                                                                          Dan