Not 7 billion,,, 14 billion for large oil companies. It is only the price for 2 more super carriers the navy hasn't enough men to crew. or 1 more shuttle. Another "big dig'. !4 billion dollars would be wasted by public schools or hospitals. We know it so we will never attempt it. (same logic behind the lack of stem cell research.)

Bush is a great example of why democracy shouldn't be shoved down other people's throats.

john

In a message dated 8/8/2005 3:34:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
You said a mouth full.
They just passed the energy bill which gave  7 billion dollars in tax cuts for the largest oil company in the world because they were just going broke I guess!

You know many people could be housed on 7 billion? WOW!

Mark

-------Original Message-------

Date: 08/08/05 13:53:39
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Questions People ask us Quads.

You must keep in mind that most states no longer provide asylums and orphanages for such people. Homeless people aren't new, we just officially ignore them instead of taking care of them. I don't think that we should underestimate what the government is willing to cut in the name of lower taxes for the wealthy.

john