Hiya John,
I encourage you or anyone to read a book of the 70's by Peter Korda, called
the Power book.  It was a best seller and went into several printings.  I am
not
a book reader.  I just don't have the time, but when I read this book, I
couldn't set
it down.  It deals with the progression of power.  How to recognize it and
how to
deal with it.  One of the chapters was on the subject, ON.  ON, stands for
Owe Nothing.
Its not new to you and others.  The Chinese are great believers of ON as they
feel
that they must pay all of their bills by the end of each year.  But ON,
affect many of
our daily decisions in lift.  Other chapters include, The Power of Buddha and
Women and Power.