it took me awhile to learn to transfer to the stander.  it's a little tricky.

    you bend the hanger like this.  put the end of the hanger that has the red box around it through the button hole, then put the button in the very tip of the part of the hanger w/ the red box around it.  pull the hanger and the button back through the hole.  like thredding a needle.

luke

He has the stander and the upper tone already.  Just got the upper tone off of EBay this summer.  Made quite a buy on it too but getting here was a bit expensive.    Stander is difficult to use because he needs assistance.  I am going to forward your email to him.  I know he will value your experience and advice.    He has a manual and a power chair.  He only uses the sliding board when someone else is helping him but not when he does independent transfers.  He is really just learning to transfer himself regularly.    He is starting to pass on attendants getting him into bed at night.  How do you use the coat hanger?   I really appreciate your feedback and guidance.   Karen