You can set the following options:
color:  grayscale
magnification: 100%
file format: jpeg

I get less than 100kb in my scanner for a A4 size page.

Shahidul

On 8/27/05, B. Kimberlin (Quadius) <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
I have read that several individuals scan in their documents in order to conserve space and allow for better retrieval.  I have been wanting to do something similar.  In fact, it is almost imperative that I get many documents stand in the event I have to evacuate due to a catastrophic weather occurrence.  The problem I am having is that each document which I scan is extremely large and difficult to store.  For instance, I scanned in a very simple contract (two pages) and it took up 2MB worth of space.  My question is does anyone know how to scan in a document so that it does not take up an inordinate amount of space.  The primary reason I am asking is because I like to keep these documents on CDs for easy transportation in case of a disaster.  FYI, I have been using Adobe Acrobat to scan in documents.  I appreciate any feedback.
Billy