Amen Dave,
As time passes, (and it does) we will find out a lot more of what happened
and what
didn't happen.  I hope we learn that most can be rebuilt to the advantages of
those who had to leave.
What will happen to the economy of that area?  How will people, in mass, be
able
to pay for their mortgages, and utilities bills from before the hurricane?
How will
businesses be able to survive when there is no one to buy or pay their old
bills?
The car loans.  I don't believe that the lenders are going to be that
forgiving.
Only time will tell..... Only time will tell.