Project Walk does excellent rehab unlike our current system where they just buy you a chair and say adapt, unfortunately it's quite expensive but I've been hearing they will start using this type of therapy in more and more rehabs in the near future.

I'm not aware of any financial help or grants for Project Walk either or I would've gone myself.

Mark

-------Original Message-------

Date: 10/12/05 07:46:14
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] walk project

I believe that the walk project was USA based using both exercise training and
electric stim to achieve one's ability to walk.  The program was monitored
using
a computer to stim the nerves at the same time.
I'm sure that Marcie Roth , of the National Spinal Cord Injury Assoc in
Washington, DC
knows alot more about that subject.