In a message dated 10/13/2005 7:32:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>have to compensate for my upper body moving forward and  the slop in the
>seat.
>Going up or down the hills multiplies the movements  by at least a factor
>of
>two because of gravity.  I also have my chest strap  on nice and tight.
I wear chest straps too but I don't have any problem with my chair moving. It's an Invacare storm series. ( I was wondering if anybody else had to use straps). I found out soon after I got my van that the regular seatbelt was not going to help any. I had a green light to turn right on a highway ramp and when I turned, I fell to the right side and luckily my husband was with me & pushed me back upright. I think Bobbie has the best story on the list with her driving experience.
Diane (aka dd)