I also had the tipping problem when i went to a short wheelbase and high seat for my new wheelchair..
When i would gas my Ford v8 engine i would tip back, when i pulled out on a steep grade and when backing up and hitting the brakes it tipped too.

I had the local rehab look at it and the van conversion people(who charged me $400 for nothing).
Nobody could solve the problem. They said it was shock compression but it was not.

I ended up putting a 20lb plate under my wheelchair seat AND 20 lbs of weight on each front wheel of wheelchair.
I got the cast iron dumbell weights at Walmart.

It still tips occasionaly but not as bad. It made my van driving alot safer.