From: Billy
Date: 11/07/05 12:44:50
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Coughing

Theo,
I'm having my annual bronchitis bout now.  I use a Devilbis nebulizer
aerosol machine which delivers  Ambuteral or Proventil directly by mouth. I
also use the steroid Advair (inhaler) to avoid phlegm buildup in the lungs.
Levaquin ABs are taken when it gets real bad.

Coughing is problematic for us, cause we only have the diaphragm to push
stuff out. I'm c5, so I get most of it on my own. You can have someone help
by pushing on your diaphragm as you are coughing. This helps me when I'm
prone.

Careful not to get pneumonia, it's a quad killer.
good luck

Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do!

Billy