I see no need to upgrade every year.  Every two to three versions have worked very well for me.
----- Original Message -----
To: Quad
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Dragon?

You might want to try asking Dragon that question directly.  By email or phone.

I'm starting to use Dragon ASAP.  I've had it for 8 yrs, updating each version, but
never use it.  I have version 8 already (Professional ... the others are add-ons)
to go.

Lori Michaelson
Age - 41
C4/5 complete quad, 26 years post