I'm in Maryland and have medicare and medicaid.  I also am on the medicaid waiver.  I'm approved for 6 hours a day.  I don't use them but they are there.  I took advantage of more hours while I was having my down time these last couple of months but still didn't use that many hours.  I don't need a baby sitter.  Shes my friend and lives next door so would come for a little bit in early afternoon and evenings for meals and I have plenty of snacks stashed and a small cooler with drinks.  I am also in a pretty rural area but the care here still isn't any good.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
From: S. Dial
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] flap surgery

Stacy,

What state do you live in? I live in a nursing home myself in Florida and get really good care it is a rural area and most of the staff are caring, down-home people that have a lot of compassion and heart. I have been very blessed in finding this place.

Also, I sleep on a prescription air mattress which eliminates the turning need - have you ever considered this?

Are you on Medicare/Medicaid? They should provide HHA care workers for you if you qualify. I hope everything works out for you, Stacy, best of luck.

Steph
c3-c4 quad 19 yrs post