To: <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Cc: <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] vitamins

William Willis wrote:

Did someone post a vitamin regimen for presure sores a while back, or did I just dream it? If so, would you post it again? Thanks.

Here is a long but possible answer to your vitamin question:

I have been on Dr Perricones diet "The Perricone Weight loss Diet" for about 2 months. The number of supplements is pretty significant but the way he teaches you to eat is so healthy, will help keep you or help you attain a healthy weight and is such a good diet that your skin is more durable and less susceptible to problems. His first books were actually anti aging and improved skin and complexion books. This weight loss book embraces all the previous diet aspects. I have a 2 year old pressure sore on my outer ankle bone that is finally healing. It may be due to this diet but, the great thing about this diet is that I FEEL better mentally and physically and I am never hungry between meals.

I am 44 and it is the best lifestyle I have ever encountered. I used to do Ironman Qualifiers. If I had known about this lifestyle and way of eating then, my performance WOULD definitely have been better. I know many people with SCI are looking for good, healthy and satisfying ways to eat. This book may help you: http://www.nvperriconemd.com/perricone-weight-loss-diet.htm.

my best,

Brien