I was part of an initial study of FES.  It was great to see my legs bike again and I retained muscle mass.  c6complete.

Study ended and so did my mass.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] stim master fes bike

wasn't there a professor at write state that was a genius with f.e.s. Had his prize student walk up and accept her diploma. This was ages ago. He got some government grant to noplace and hasn't been heard of since. He married his prize student/quinea pig. I heard that caused some bad feelings. Awfully hypocritical to let petty  personal peeves influence and stifle genius, but sometimes I think it is the rule, not the exception. Considering the advances in microprocessors I am floored that all of us do not have small permanent plugs to a spider net-like suit that is wired to a tiny box implanted in our skulls and attaching just above the spinal damage. Rehabilitation was learning to move in the same way that we teach a speech recognition software package
Whatever happened to him? You would think I'd remember something like "his name". I'd think a f.e.s. hand connection would be awesome. I swear its not the dope I take! Were any of you tested with f.e.s. in rehab?

john