Dave and Willis:

Congratulations on your work success.
Dana,
In a message dated 3/29/2006 11:38:50 AM Tonga Standard Tim page and e, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
d for you Dave. I could retire next year, but I'm shooting for 4 more
years, which would make 30. I never thought I would live this long, much
less work this long. My worry is what to do after retirement.

>From: "David O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "William Willis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>CC: quad-list@eskimo.com
>Subject: Re: FW: Re: [QUAD-L] Work
>Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:12:59 -0700

gotcha good buddy.  i maxed at 76k.   done now - coasting on ssdi and
retirement.  not my choice, but it works.  dave

On 3/22/06, William Willis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I got my BA in English in 1976, 5 years post injury. I started teaching at
>the local high school in 79 and have been there ever since. My salary this
>year is about 45k, which is about average. I don't get rich, but it is
>rewarding, and the health insurance would be impossible to get otherwise.
>LWillis, c5
>
> >From: "David O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: "Lori Michaelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >CC: Quad <quad-list@eskimo.com>
> >Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Work
> >Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:20:26 -0700
> >

>I got my BA in Math in '72, looked for a job for 7 years and finally got
>hired by Honeywell in '79.  (I taught school a little in the middle but
>the
>money was skimpy compared to corporeate pay.)  I worked for HW for 25
>years
>at which point they dumped me for cheap foreign labor.  I am a c3
>incomplete
>and don't have any major problems with pressure sores or sediment.  Lucky
>guess although I'm pretty active.  Not sure I answered your questions or
>not.  Oh BTW, I understand the max SSDI is around 2000 a month, although
>I'm
>still curiouys as to if that will be taxable income next April 15th.  I
>just
>started this in Jan.
>Dave   WWW.DAVEOCONNELL.COM <http://www.daveoconnell.com/>
>

>On 3/17/06, Lori Michaelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >Many others can answer this question as well.  I got a B.S. in liberal
> >studies and business administration.  I wanted to work for IBM as it was
> >big local firm but all resumes were ignored there and other jobs.
> >
> >I took a job at an ILC and worked as an advocate of kids receiving
> >special-ed.  It only required an Associate's degree but I took it.  Fool
> >move.  It only paid $16,500K.  That = about $7.50 ban hour.  Nonetheless
> >stuck with it.  Then I began having pain here and there ALL THE TIME.  I
> >went to different Drs for 4-5 yrs and finally found out I had
> >Syringomyelia.
> >
> >I resigned from work (foolish move ... shoulda retired on
>disability).  My
> >endurance now sucks along with other secondary problems later and yr
>after
> >yr.
> >
> >It SUCKS my degree isn't being used RIGHT NOW but I keep plenty busy!
> >
> >Go to work if you can!  People whine about women on welfare yet so many
> >quads get exactly that.  Call it Medicaid, Public Assistance or whatever
> >but it's welfare and I'll get slammed here for not being P.C.!
> >
> >If you know what you want to do ... reach for it!  GO FOR IT!
> >
> >TIP:  DO NOT put that you are disabled on your resume.  I was green as
>key
> >lime pie when I was doing mine/sending mine and made that mistake.  List
> >only your experience, degrees, etc.
> >
> >Lori

--- Begin Message --- Good for you Dave. I could retire next year, but I'm shooting for 4 more years, which would make 30. I never thought I would live this long, much less work this long. My worry is what to do after retirement.

From: "David O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "William Willis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: FW: Re: [QUAD-L] Work
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:12:59 -0700

> [...]

>went to different Drs for 4-5 yrs and finally found out I had
>Syringomyelia.
>
>I resigned from work (foolish move ... shoulda retired on
disability).  My
>endurance now sucks along with other secondary problems later and yr
after
>yr.
>
>It SUCKS my degree isn't being used RIGHT NOW but I keep plenty busy!
>
>Go to work if you can!  People whine about women on welfare yet so many
>quads get exactly that.  Call it Medicaid, Public Assistance or whatever
>but it's welfare and I'll get slammed here for not being P.C.!
>
>If you know what you want to do ... reach for it!  GO FOR IT!
>
>TIP:  DO NOT put that you are disabled on your resume.  I was green as
key
>lime pie when I was doing mine/sending mine and made that mistake.  List

--- End Message ---