Well I beleive thats my level of function, I was shot in the throat in a hunting accident and it severed my spine between the c-5 c-6, and before my accident I was 5'8 my arms were short and stocky lol. Ray:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Win <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:48:40 -0600
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Transfers

Stupid question here.... but when you say you're c5-c6, is that where your fractures were? or is that your level of function? For example, I broke c6-c7, but my level of function is at c7-t1 (I guess that's where the spinal cord got severed.).

One thing that I think makes a big difference in how someone is able to transfer, is the length of their arms :S I've seen quads get up off the floor and back into their chairs by themselves, and have been just amazed. But, those that I've seen manage to do that, always seem to have LONG arms. I am able to do all my transfers by myself, except there is no way I can get off the floor back into my chair if I happen to fall.

Win