Hi Amy,
So sorry if you have syrinx and anyone else on the list suffering from this, they thought I had won a number of years ago, and I was monitored with the number of MRIs, until a neurologist determined it to be scarring instead of a syrinx.  I went to a syrinx seminar, that was in Kansas City, and it was really interesting.  They also have support groups for persons in the area. I remember meeting a few guys at Craig Hospital, that had been superquads before their syrinx. There is a newsletter that comes out about the association, they tried to raise money for research.