I was very lucky to have grown up during the 60's. My very first job
was setting up the local American Legion hall every weekend for the
weekly Sat night dance.
Groups most never heard of like the Mysterions, Jaguers, and even the
Ventures. That summer a different band every weekend. Helping them
set-up and getting invited backstage during their break. Days before
drugs hit the scene. I was only heading towards my Freshman yr in high
school. In a couple different garage bands myself in the years that
followed.
Now when the 70's music hit, I was stationed in "Wichita KS" where Joe
Walsh threw free jams in the park. Sometimes we partied untill the
cops kicked everybody out of the park. (once using tear-gas)
A guy who owned the local record shop became a kindred spirit and it
just so happens he was the concert promoter. I always had great seats
and there was several local colleges to insure Wichita was always
getting top bands.
Here are the ones I remember seeing:
Aerosmith
Alabama
Allman Brothers
America
Argent
Bachmen Turner Overdrive
Bad Company
Black Sabbath
Jeff Beck
Bob Marley (in Jamacia)
Boston
Brittish Bulldogs
Canned Heat
Captain Beefheart
Captain Beyond
Cat Stevens
Charlie Daniels
Cheep Trick
Cream
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young
David Bowie
Deep Purple
Doobie Brothers
Dust
Electric Light Orchestra
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Frank Zappa
Fireside Theater
Fleetwood Mack
Foghat
Foriegner
Gordon Lightfoot
Greatfull Dead
Geuss Who
Hawkwind
Heart
Jaguars
James Taylor
Jethro Tull
Jefferson Starship
Jimmie Spheris
Joe Cocker
Joe Walsh
Joni Mitchel
Kansas
Kahn
Kinks
King Crimson
Kraftwork
Kronos
Led Zeppelen
Leon Russel
Los Lobos
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Mike Quatro
Molly Hatchete
Moody Blues
Mountain
Muddy Waters
Nancy Quatro
Onyx
Patty Quatro
Pink Floyd
Queen
Ricky Lee Jones
Rory Galleger
Santana
Seals & Crofts
Sly and the Family Stone
Steely Dan
Stephen Stills
Strawbs
Styx
Suzy Quatro
Tangerine Dream
Ted Nuegent
Ten Years After
Three Dog Night
Thin Lizzy
George Thouroughgood
Tyranasouris Rex
Uriah Heap
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Warren Zevon
Whitesnake
Who
Xylophobia
Yes
ZZ Top

Yep,  Wichita and the Chicago area ROCKED!

I've got over 400 LPs I want to digitize and then start putting on
E-bay. Almost all from the 70's

Stunt