I fell over backwards going down the 4 inch bump out of my apartment in Phoenix in June in 1974.   I was alone and so pretty screwed if left to my own devices.  I guy across the bust street saw me and yelled over to see if I needed any help.  He got me up and back into my apt.  That was enough excitement for me for a day.  I've really had very good luck with getting help from strangers when out.  I see flirty girls almost every time out and get help offered more often than I need it.  You tell me,  is this irresistible or what?