I shift by leaning forward to touch my toes, lowering my arm rests to lean left and right to the floor.  Sometimes I get lazy and after too many hours up, I have to compensate by remaining in bed 36 - 48 hours.

T. Houston
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] my flap surgery

What an enormous co-pay.  Insurance, those are really weird, because if we have insurance.  Medicare will pay nothing.  It doesn't seem right.  You should be able to get a wheelchair like that.  Contact your local independent living Center.  Mine is trying to find me a backup care from someone who died or something like that.  I forgot what her title is what she does deals with durable medical equipment.  She has no one to find the one yet, but it doesn't hurt to try.

You need one so desperately, how do you do weight shifts?

Dana