Happened to me too. My entire heel disappeared...just an old bone sticking out. Twas caused by a cast applied for a broken leg and crushed knee. Had to debreed (sp?) it several times, but with wet to dry it took about a year to heal.

From: "S. Dial" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Johnny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] heel sore
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 17:08:04 -0400

Johnny,

I've had that happen to both my heels and they finally had to be surgically debreided in '93 (sp?) tried ointment and stuff prior but it did little for mine. Mine was caused from constant chafing due to contracted legs spasming frequently had a tendonotomy done at same time I got heels done solved the heel problem.

Steph