I'm not sure when the time will be right - if ever.  I do know my parents lived too long - both died slow deaths in their mucous years - wetting themselves and forgetting names of people around them.  One of my sons is now putting his life on hold while baby-sitting his wife's grandmother and my parents gradually alienated all their kids by living with them too long.  I'm not waiting for any of these things to happen - I'll go camping by myself in a desolate spot first. That time is not in the cards this week or next but I'm sure it looms on the horizon somewhere.  All this makes me live life a little closer to the fire - enjoying more sweet forbidden roses along the way.
Dave